Blogging for Etsy!!


Due to my involvement with the video "Lost things" which I blogged about here, I contacted Etsy to see if they wanted to interview me for a blog post about the video as it has had 135,452 views since 26th of February, so it is obviously quite popular. I wanted to see if they would be interested in an interview as I was found through Etsy to produce something for the film that was made in L.A. As I am from the UK and Etsy is an American website I thought it would be a good promotional interview/blog post for me, for the creators of the video and Etsy (as the video has a loose alice in wonderland theme and the film has just been released in the UK) and as it is already getting interest from many design blogs, I thought Etsy would want to be in the 'loop' too.

As one of my photographs was used by Etsy recently for one of their blog posts, I already had a person who I knew I could contact in relation to Etsy's blog so I sent the following email to them -

Hi, I thought I would contact you to ask if you would like to create a blog post in relation my papercuts that I created for a recent project I took part in through Etsy. Angela Kohler (handsomepanda.etsy.com - http://www.angelakohler.com) contacted and found me through Etsy and asked me to create some custom papercuts to be used in an art project that she was creating, that is now complete and can be found here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwX7uEiEWx4 It is a short stop-motion film called 'Lost Things' and is loosely based around an Alice in Wonderland theme. It features the singer A fine frenzy and has already been featured on several great blogs such as Ohjoy and Mint and I think it would appeal to people who read the Etsy blog, plus it is great timing with the release of Tim Burton's film Alice in Wonderland! It was released on the 26th of February and already has 133,893 views on YouTube, so it is obviously quite popular. I thought that you would want to mention it on Etsy's blog as I was found through Etsy and created the papercuts for the film, so It is great promotion for Etsy and shows the kind of things that can be achieved through Etsy as an Etsy artist from the UK. Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks Jonathan

From this email, I got the opportunity to actually be a guest contributor for the Etsy blog!
I was sent a list of deliverables such as rules of what can & can't be said, images needed and sizes, word count (below 800!) etc.

You can see my guest post here.