Simplicity in Design

I have recently been reading the book 'Simplicity' by Edward De Bono. It talks about simplicity in general, simplicity in design and leading a simple life. I have picked out the following quotes that I feel have some meaning in relation to my design practice and what I feel is important to my work. There are some principles and ideas below that I would like to apply to my new brief while designing imagery for my range of stationery.

"There is often a much simpler way of doing things – if you make the effort to look for it. Simplicity does not just happen." (Page 2)

"Simplicity is easy to use but can be hard to design. You need some creativity." (Page 4)

"There is always the possibility that there is a simpler way to do something. Even if that is not always the case it is always worth investigating some thinking time and creative effort in trying to find a simpler approach." (Page 20)

"In order to make something simple you have to know your subject very well indeed." (Page 72)

"If you are unwilling to be satisfied with the complex you will spend more thinking time trying to make things simpler." (Page 88)

"Although a good idea may be focused in one direction, it must also take all other factors into account." (Page 110)

"It is essential to work with the middle level of concepts. Concepts that are too broad lead nowhere. Concepts that are too narrow lead only down that narrow path." (Page 148)